Saturday, January 19, 2013

you're two

Dear Abigail,

You had the perfect birthday. Honestly, it couldn't have been any better.

First, let's talk about the food. We may not have covered ALL your favorites, but we came pretty darn close. For breakfast, I made from-scratch blueberry buttermilk pancakes...they were the. best. pancakes. EVER! With whipped cream, real maple syrup, and extra blueberries for the birthday girl. Later in the day, we had crackers and hummus, then made a mushroom and olive pizza with plenty of cheese. YUM. In the evening, of course, we ate my delicious coconut cloud cake. Finally, perhaps the part you were most excited about (aside from getting your very own family-sized tub of hummus), you got your very own large bowl of pomegranate. Needless to say, you were a very happy girl.

ALL DAY you were a happy girl. From the moment you woke up next to me in bed to the moment you fell asleep next to me in bed, you knew this day was yours. And all the three of us did was eat, sleep, watch movies and play together. It was amazing. Daddy and I both agree that it's one of the best days we've had in a very long time, and that your birthday is officially our favorite day of the year!

Since the day you were born, Abby, you have brought us nothing but joy. And it was so nice to devote an entire day to giving it back to you. Your giggles, your delighted faces of surprise, your little feet running excitedly through the house - these are the things that bring meaning to our lives, that make us so happy to be your parents.

Happy 2nd Birthday, beautiful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

me

My name is Audrey. I'm just a twentysomething learning how to master the arts of cooking, cleaning, working and being in a relationship, same as you.In between all that, I like to collect sea glass and salvaged furniture. Occasionally, I cut and paste scraps of paper together. In the end, I am hoping that all of these things together will somehow amount to something good. This blog is a journal of my efforts to get there.

contact

thesalvagedbride at gmail dot com

Free Counter