Friday, May 28, 2010

back on track

Well, hello!


I bet you weren't expecting to hear from me. Neither was i, but surprise - here i am! And on my birthday, no less. Being able to write again is one of the greatest birthday presents i could have received. I've had to lock that part of me away for a while in my little treasure chest of things that make me happy, and i feel rather detached, even clumsy - like someone learning how to walk again.


The apartment looks great, and i do have a couple collages to share, and i look forward to posting photos of these things perhaps next time. But i'm just as eager, if not more so, to write about matters of the heart again. Deeper things, like Nature and Ignorance and Belief.


Where would we be without these topics? In a world void of wonder and conversation and soul? What kind of day is a day without opinions or personal convictions? How can one breathe without conjecturing where that breath might have come from?


I won't take a walk down that road today (reflecting on my birth and existence in this world is heavy enough for one day, thank you), but let's just say that i'm happy. I'm thankful for friends, and family, and love, and everything in between.


Happy Birthday to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

me

My name is Audrey. I'm just a twentysomething learning how to master the arts of cooking, cleaning, working and being in a relationship, same as you.In between all that, I like to collect sea glass and salvaged furniture. Occasionally, I cut and paste scraps of paper together. In the end, I am hoping that all of these things together will somehow amount to something good. This blog is a journal of my efforts to get there.

contact

thesalvagedbride at gmail dot com

Free Counter